Thursday, February 6, 2020

Are Benefit Cosmetics Gluten Free? A List of Gluten Free Cosmetic Brands 2020! AND AN UPDATE!

Are Benefit Cosmetics Cosmetics Gluten Free? A List of Gluten Free Cosmetic Brands 2020!



I am a huge fan of Benefit Cosmetics and LOVE the unique cute packaging and advertising they have uses to promote and sell the makeup since I was a kid. So for me I REALLY NEEDED to know if Benefit Cosmetics were Gluten Free or not! 

I sent them a messenger on Face Book messenger in February 2020 and this is what I received as a reply





The response was amazing, and they replied in a very lengthy reply. They basically said they no longer use ingredients derived from grain. AND they helped me more by supplying me with names of common gluten names used that should be avoided when looking at the ingredients which are :

Triticum Vulgare (Wheat)
Avena Sative
Secale Cereal
Hordeum Distichon

Not only are Benefit Cosmetics ARE Gluten Free, but they seem to really want to help others who are.


AN UPDATE!!!!!




I recently wanted to double check if the social media person who first answered me was the same response as a customer care person ( the people who respond to e-mails) were the same in the answers, I emailed Benefit Cosmetics through their web site and the Representative who answered back provided a VERY idiotic, uneducated answer at the beginning of the e-mail. 

This is what they said:






As you can see they started to talk about how Gluten can not be absorbed by a person's skin which is FALSE and it looks like this response was a cut and paste from a google search. 

Gluten CAN be absorbed in the skin, but not all who have gluten sensitives need to worry about makeup. Lip products are the MOST important factor when talking about Gluten Free cosmetics because they can be ingested through the mouth even if it is a tiny bit (you know because we lick our lips, eat food with lipstick on etc...). 
I was not going to e-mail them back and forth to educate them on this and how they should not say that in e-mails to customers who want to know if their products contain certain ingredients or not. But I will bring it to the attention of someone through social media because it is not right for them to say that, because you know whats good for you and so does your doctor that is treating you for it.

All in all, the rest of the response was the same as before so, Benefit Cosmetics are consistent and are still Gluten Free. 

For me, as an advice, I would STILL E-mail them or reach out through social media about if the lip products are Gluten Free or not. 

If you e-mail them and get a response, PLEASE LET ME KNOW and SHARE IT WITH US💓!


And ALWAYS CHECK with your doctor about ingredients and ALWAYS double check yourself by asking that brand again! You never know if they changed it up since last I checked!



xoxo,




No comments:

Post a Comment